Health, Safety and Environment Plan
To ensure the health and safety of club members and protection of the environment, the following conditions will be applied at all times that the facilities are in use:
- Model sailing events hosted by Two Islands Radio Yacht Club at Furzton Lake, Milton Keynes will be under the control of a “Responsible Person”.
- The Responsible Person will be a club member who is fully competent in the application of this HSE Plan and HSE Risk Analysis. The Responsible Person must be in possession of a functioning mobile phone and remain on the bank at all times.
- Should any anomaly in the reservoir or its environs be observed, the Responsible Person will immediately advise the club Chairman who will pass the information on to the Parks Trust.
- Sailing activities will not commence until a minimum of two adult members are present one of whom will be the Responsible Person.
- The Responsible Person will have available a first aid kit suitable for the maximum numbers of club members likely to use the facility and will launch the Emergency Action Plan in the event of serious illness or injury.
- All participants, except Guests, must show proof of their membership of the Model Yachting Association to the Responsible Person thus confirming that they are covered for Public Liability Insurance
- All activities shall be undertaken with full respect for wildlife on or in the vicinity of the reservoir.
- A protection cover shall be installed over the tip of each protruding transmitter aerial at all times.
- Only nominated personnel who have appropriate training and experience will be permitted to use the Rescue Boat. A lifejacket must be worn by the occupant of the boat at all times and the wearing of Wellington boots is not permitted. The rescue boat should only be used when there is a watcher on the shore
- Launch and recovery of boats shall be made from a designated area. Care shall be taken by all participants to avoid slipping at the water’s edge. Should a boat lose radio control and have to be manually recovered then extreme care must be exercised or preferably the rescue boat should recover the boat.
- Protection against Weil’s Disease should be observed by participants. Wash hands as soon as possible after sailing. Cover scratches and minor abrasions with a waterproof plaster. Do not go barefoot in the water or boat.
- After sailing the Responsible Person will check the general area to ensure that any litter has been collected.
- Failure to comply with any of the above conditions without valid reason will result in immediate cancellation of club membership.